“Birds of a feather should flock together.”
It’s another Disney animated animals list! This time, we are looking at all the birds. Birds: their small and sometimes not seen, but heard. Disney has always done a great job with birds, their characters, sounds & actions!
There are a few movies I never saw in the early 2000s (I know, it’s crazy) so if there’s animals from them I missed, please comment & tell me! I will not be offended. But on all the other classics and such, I know what I’m doing. 😉 So here we go!
1) Baby Blue Bird- Snow White (1937). Just before the Huntsman decided not to kill Snow, she was holding a baby blue bird who was lost. He was THE FIRST Disney animated bird on a film! He & his parents also showed up in the rest of the movie. There were other birds in the forest too, but these 3 stood out.
2)Crow & Vultures- Snow White (1937). These are the evil birds in the film. The crow watches the evil queen make her potion & poison apple. He’s kinda funny. The vultures linger in the woods, watching the queen. In the end, they lead you to believe that the vultures went down to pick at the queens crushed body…. Ew!
3) Blue Fairy’s Dove- Pinocchio (1940). In Pinocchio, a magical dove brings a note from the Blue Fairy. The note tells Pinocchio & Jiminy Cricket that Gapetto has been swallowed by Monstro, the whale! So yeah, the dove doesn’t do much… But it was there!
4) Doves with Girl Minotaurs- Fantasia (1940). What is it with doves?? Anyways… These doves sit on a girl Minotaur’s hair as a chic hairstyle. It’s funny!
6) Crows in a Tree- Dumbo (1941). These crows aren’t until the end of the film. However, they are very funny. I love their song too! And they fit the era of this movie very well. It’s cool how Disney does that.
7) Birds in Forest- Bambi (1942). Now, there are tons of birds in this film. So I’ll break them down by species and keep them in one group…. Oh! And all of them are also in the rain scene.
Pheasants: Here’s the group of pheasants. We see a few of these on the rain scene. We mainly meet them in the scene where man has come to the forest. In the photo above is THIS dummy. This ONE pheasant got too anxious and had to fly away. The rest told her to stay put and what happened? She got shot. Yes, this was one of Disney’s cruelest moments, second to Bambi’s mother dying.
And that’s all the birds basically from Bambi!
8) The Three Caballeros (1944). This mini film consist of 3 birds! What? No way! Lol We have the parrot, the red bird, & Donald Duck himself!
10) Hummingbirds- Song of the South (1946). I really love the fact that these Hummingbirds hum.. haha, good one Disney!
Overall, they are sweet & help Cinderella all the time. Plus, we see them again in BOTH of Cinderella’s other movies. There were also chickens in the beginning of this movie as well.
12)Normal birds- Alice In Wonderland (1951). There are TONS of birds in this movie. So we will start with the normal birds, then the abnormal ones. When Alice is dreaming up wonderland, there’s a bluebird who sings back to her. This guy!
There are also some bigger, normal birds in wonderland…
Another “normal looking” bird in Alice In Wonderland, is this bird below. She’s the one who has a nest & thinks Alice is some kind of serpent. Also, she & Dodo are wearing some type of clothes while no other birds do… very curious.
13) Abnormal Birds of Wonderland- Alice In Wonderland (1951). This group is going to get confusing. Please note, most of these birds idk they’re names so I’m kinda making one up. Here we go….
As Alice follows a path that’s been erased, she runs into the next birds who aren’t so kind to her…
When Alice is sad that she’s lost, all the abnormal birds come back to her and get sad like her. You can say they are part of her imagination & are tied to her feelings.
PETER WTF are you doing?! Those poor swans, at least we know he’s light…..
15) Bird that gets shaved- Peter Pan (1953). I love this scene. It’s always cracked me up. Smee thinks this bird’s butt is Hook’s face… he really isn’t paying attention is he?! Like, how did he forget to unwrap Hook from the towel he wrapped around it?!
16) Black birds- Lady & the Tramp (1955). These birds are in Lady’s yard, and she quickly chases them away.There is a whole group of them that fly. It seems to be a routine for her.
18) Birds in window & parrot- Lady & the Tramp (1955). Here are more birds in this film, there aren’t many. First, there are the birds in the window once the baby is born.
19) Birds in Belle Note- Lady & the Tramp (1955). We see lots of birds during Lady & Tramp’s love night…. or should I say love birds? Haha
23) Maleficent’s Raven- Sleeping Beauty (1959). Maleficent’s raven is the one who finds Aurora’s location. He is a well trained pet to be honest.
If you think about it, the wart or Arthur becomes a bird in this film too, but we won’t really count him.
We also see a scrawny bird in a nest when Merlin & Arthur are squirrels for a day. This bird gets PISSED OFF at Arthur for running into him. Those squirrelly squirrels!!
26) Band of Vultures- The Jungle Book (1967). If you notice in this film, Walt wanted some great singers in it. He had some famous voices in there, and these birds were supposed to be The Beatles! These guys are fun for a group of Vultures. And the only birds we see.
28) Uncle Waldo- The Aristocats (1970). MY personal favorite! Especially when he’s marinated. This British goose is quite a drunk. So here’s this meme I found of his best part…. SHERRY!! Loling on the floor, every time.
30) Trigger & Nutsy- Robin Hood (1973). Trigger & Nutsy are the guards of the jail & they do whatever the sheriff tells them.
31) Bluebird- The Rescuers (1977). Yes, there is another bluebird! But this one isn’t in it for long.
35) Dinky & Boomer- Fox & The Hound (1981). These two are the comic relief of this film. They chase a caterpillar throughout the entire film too! I believe Dinky is the little bird, & Boomer is the woodpecker.
36) Forrest birds- Fox & the Hound (1981). Of course, we see birds flying in this film as well as dead birds in the neighbors shed.
Yes, there were ducks & flamingos! And Scuttle was the only bird who couldn’t sing. lol
39) Marahoote- The Rescuers Down Under (1990). Marahoote (I think that’s how it’s spelled), was the biggest bird in Australia. Toby, a little boy who I think was based off of Steve Irwin, saves her from a poachers trap. Throughout the story, Toby tries to save this magnificent, giant eagle & her eggs.
40) Wilbur- The Rescuers Down Under (1990). Wilbur is an albatross & is Orville’s little brother. It seems Orville isn’t available & Wilbur gets to take Bernard & Bianca to Australia. He’s also voiced by John Candy who was very funny.
41) Flying Flamingos- The Rescuers Down Under (1990). Wilbur loses track of the mice, so as he’s flying he runs into theee flamingos. But they’re flying! I don’t think flamingos fly, do they?!
42) Scrooge & Cast- DuckTales The Movie (1990). Are you singing the song yet? I AM!! So, Scrooge obviously isn’t new to the Disney world. But Disney channel made THE BEST tv show with him, & Huey, Duey & Louie! Donald Duck made an appearance every now & then. There were also new main birds in this show/movie including: the boys’ little sister Webby, the maid Mrs. Beakly, & Scrooge’s private pilot (my fav) Launch Pad. The movie was just as great to watch! And the movie had a duck genie!
43)Belle’s Chickens- Beauty & the Beast(1991). Yes, Belle has chickens. We see them right before she sings THE best song on a hilltop.
44) Birds in snow- Beauty & the Beast(1991). These are the birds that Belle feeds at the castle. They also sit in the beast’s hands as well.
46) Doves & other birds- Aladdin (1992). There were other birds in this film too! Jasmine has pet doves that she sets free. There are also flamingos in the palace. There are birds in the sky when Jasmine & Aladdin are flying on the magic carpet. And lastly, there are peacocks in Aladdin’s parade made by the genie.
47) Zazu- The Lion King (1994). Zazu is Mufasa’s advisor basically. He is a big part of Pride Rock until Mufasa dies. With Scar, he just entertains him to avoid being eaten. And he was also in the second movie AND he’s in the new tv show, The Lion Guard.
49). Eagles- Pocahontas (1995). The eagles are when Pocahontas is singing “Colors of the Wind”. There’s only 2 of them.
50) Baby Bird in Nest- The Hunchback of Norte Dame (1996). This bird is so cute; this bird is scared to fly until Quasimodo convinces it that it’s ok to fly. “Nobody wants to be cooped up here forever.”
51) Doves- The Hunchback of Norte Dame (1996). These doves (I think) follow one of the gargoyles around all the time. It drives her crazy!
52) Pain & Panic as Birds- Hercules (1997). We see these two as birds when Meg is supposed to find Hercules’ weakness. These are the only “birds” in the film.
54) THE Bird- A Bug’s Life (1998). This was the first bird done by Pixar! And it’s not just this bird who tries to eat everyone, there’s the fake bird the ants made, AND the real bird’s chicks which we see at the end, eating Hopper.
56) Parrots in Jungle- Tarzan (1999). These are the birds that Jane tries to draw. Then, Tarzan takes her into the trees where they all live to see tons of them. Btw, this scene is beautiful.
60) Singing Hummingbirds- The Tigger Movie (2000). These Hummingbirds help Tigger sing his sad song about being lonely. Yes, they hum, and it’s a sneaky reference to the ones in Songs of the South. Nice one Disney!
61) Ted- Monsters Inc. (2001). Ted is a big bird monster. We only see his feet BUT he caws like a rooster, so do the math. Lol
63) Flock of birds- Brother Bear (2003). When Kenai turns into a bear, he hears these birds talking as they fly above him. I believe the same birds are at the salmon run as well.
64) Nigel- Finding Nemo (2003). Nigel is a pelican who gets along with the dentist fish. He also gets Marlin & Dory to the dentists office to find Nemo. There are also the other pelicans with him in the harbor. 65) Seagulls- Finding Nemo (2003). 1 word…… “MINE!”
67) Buck Cluck- Chicken Little (2005). Buck is chicken little’s Dad who tries to get Ace to stop saying that the sky is falling.
68) Rest of birds in town & school- Chicken Little (2005). There are quite a few more animals in this film, and more birds of course. So, here’s the rest of them: Mayor Turkey Lurkey who is in fact a turkey. Then there’s Goosey Loosey who’s a goose at school & lastly, Abby Mallard who is a duck & a friend of Chicken Little.
69) Valiant & other Pigeons- Valiant(2005). Valiant is the main character of this movie. Honestly, I never watched this one. I didn’t realize it was even Disney until later. I know, I’m lame but it’s on my list of ones to watch. And really Disney, 2 bird films in one year?!
70) Birds in Pixie Hallow- Tinker Bell(2008). The fairy named Fawn works with animals. Before Tink knew what her niche was, she tried to help animals but epically failed with these bluebirds in a nest.
There are of course birds in all the other pixie movies. There are owls, doves, and bluebirds again as well. They do live in a forest of Neverland basically.
71) Pigeons- Bolt (2008). Bolt meets some Pigeons who are pretty dumb, but also very funny.
73) Pigeon who eats the tortilla- Toy Story 3 (2010). When trying to escape the box & the day care center, Mr. Potato head puts himself on a tortilla to hide better. But he comes across a pigeon who pokes a hole in the tortilla, & eats it.
74) Bluebirds- Tangled (2010). They are only in this movie for a second; they fly by Rapunzel when she’s singing after getting out of her tower.
75)Eagle- Brave (2012). This eagle flys above Merida before she climbs the Firefalls. We don’t see it long, but it’s there!
Surprisingly, there were NO BIRDS in Zootopia…. why?! Idk, ask Disney. But this is the end of the LONG Disney bird list!! Thank you for reading this one! In case you missed my other Disney animated lists, the links are right here:
Here are other links I used for help as well:
Animated Disney Movie List: http://www.disneymovieslist.com/animated-disney-movies
Here’s a funny comic from Amy Mebberson who makes Pocket Princesses comics. Thought this one was cute with Scuttle!